Hemp seed oil has become a popular ingredient in beauty products. But while it is known to be nourishing for the skin and hair, is hemp seed oil also good for eyelashes?
Hemp seed oil has many potential benefits for eyelashes. Due to its rich vitamin and fatty acids content, topical application of hemp seed oil may help to promote fuller, thicker, and healthier eyelashes.
What Is Hemp Seed Oil?
Hemp seed oil is extracted from seeds of the Cannabis sativa plant.
It cannot get you ‘high’, however, as it doesn’t contain the psychoactive substance tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and contains a minimal amount of cannabidiol (CBD).
Hemp seed oil is naturally rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, gamma-linolenic acid, vitamins B and D and is crammed with antioxidants.
This makes it a great choice as a moisturizer for your skin and hair.
Hemp seed oil is also used in some nutritional supplements and even in the manufacturing of clothing and fibers.
Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil is not just a great oil to use for your skin and hair. It has many other health benefits too. These include:
- Treatment of skin conditions – hemp seed oil is useful in treating conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, cradle cap and acne. This is due to the high content of fatty acids in the oil.
- Lowers blood pressure – The omega-3 fatty acids in hemp seed oil can help lower blood pressure in people with hypertension.
- Promotes a healthy heart – Hemp seed oil is high in linoleic acid which reduces cholesterol.
- Pain relief – Hemp seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce pain.
- Reduces inflammation – The anti-inflammatory properties of hemp seed oil help to relieve symptoms of inflammatory conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
- Supports healthy pregnancy – The omega-3 fatty acids in hemp seed oil support healthy brain and eye development for the baby during pregnancy. They may also help prevent maternal depression.
Interested in more eyelashes? Read these 12 interesting facts!
2 Reasons Hemp Seed Oil Is Good For Eyelashes
1. Full of Nourishing Ingredients
Hemp seed oil is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that work wonders for your hair and skin.
These nourishing ingredients may help to strengthen and thicken your lashes, and even help prevent lash loss.
2. It’s All-Natural
Some eyelash growth serums on the market may cause irritation to the delicate eye area due to artificial ingredients.
Because hemp seed oil is natural and full of nourishing fatty acids and vitamins, it may help lessen the chance of any eye irritation.
Can Hemp Seed Oil Help Grow Eyelashes?
Hemp seed oil is full of nourishing ingredients that are not just good for skin, but also hair, including eyelashes. The vitamins and fatty acids in hemp seed oil may help to promote thicker, fuller, and healthier lashes.
Hemp seed oil is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which have been proven to be good for hair.
These fatty acids, in combination with the high vitamin and antioxidant content, may also contribute to less lash loss, resulting in fuller, healthier-looking eyelashes.
How To Use Hemp Seed Oil For Eyelashes
Remember to always do a patch test before trying out any new ingredient, especially as the oil will be used so close to the eye area.
Also, avoid direct contact with the eyes when applying.
To use hemp seed oil for your eyelashes, you can apply it with a cotton bud, or, if you prefer, you can decant a small amount of hemp seed oil into an empty mascara bottle.
The oil can also be mixed with a small amount of castor oil, coconut oil and/or vitamin E if you prefer.
- Apply to lashes nightly after cleansing
- If using a cotton bud to apply, swipe the oil just above your lash line, being careful not to get any in the eyes
Risks And Warnings Of Using Hemp Seed Oil
Some people may experience mild irritation when using hemp seed oil, so always do a patch test first. This is especially important as the oil will be used so close to the eyes.
Hemp seed oil also has the ability to lower blood pressure. You should therefore be extra careful if you have chronically low blood pressure.
Low blood pressure can be caused by any of the following:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Allergic reactions
- Heart problems
- Blood loss
If you have any health concerns, make sure you consult a doctor before using hemp seed oil
Disclaimer: This site is not intended to provide professional or medical advice. All of the content on Bodycarevault.com is for informational purposes only. All advice should be followed at your own discretion. Ingredients may change at any time so always check the product label before using. Check our full disclaimer policy here.