False eyelashes look amazing but can be hard to remove. In this article, we will show you how to remove eyelash strips the right way and how to maintain them for longer use.
To remove eyelash strips, run a cotton swab or pad soaked in good quality eye make-up remover along the lash line. Pinch the extension by the outer corner then gently peel the strip away from your own lash line. Apply more make-up remover as required.
Why Use False Eyelashes?
False eyelashes are used for aesthetic purposes.
They define and fill out your own natural lashes. You can use them to add shape and definition to the eye. And to add a little drama!
False lashes can boost confidence by detracting attention from a scar or blemish you’d rather wasn’t noticed.
A few strategically placed individual lashes, or a whole set of luscious sweepers-either way false lashes can help transform your overall look.
Can Lash Strips Ruin Your Eyelashes?
No, lash strips will not ruin your real eyelashes.
To ensure this, they need to be applied correctly. They should sit just above your natural lash line on your eyelid.
The adhesive may find its way to the base of your natural lashes, but this shouldn’t cause a problem. Adhesives used for false eyelashes tend to be safe and gentle on lashes and skin.
How To Remove Eyelash Strips – The Right Way
It is important to take care when removing eyelash strips and remove them the right way.
Otherwise, you risk ruining the false lashes, pulling out some of your own natural lashes, or damaging the delicate skin around your eyes.
To remove false lashes, you need to soften the lash glue. This can be done using eye makeup remover. Alternatively, you can use eyelash glue remover.
- First, remove your eye makeup using a cotton swab or pad. Aswell as removing your makeup, this gets the eye makeup remover in close contact with the lash strip.
- Take a small amount of the eye makeup remover and saturate the pad or swab then apply this to the lash line where the glue is.
- Leave this for 30 seconds.
- Use your fingertips to pinch the lashes at the outer ends then gently pull away from your own lashes.
- If you feel any tension, add a little more eye makeup remover.
- Use another pad or swab soaked in the makeup remover to get rid of any last traces of glue on your lash line.
You can also carry out this method of removal using micellar water.
Another method of removing eyelash strips is to use steam. This also loosens the glue enough to be able to remove the lashes without damage.
- Remove your makeup using remover. This way the steam can get more contact with the glue on the strip.
- With a towel draped over your head, place your face above a bowl of very hot water for about 3-5 minutes.
- When the glue has softened enough, you should be able to remove the lash strip. If it doesn’t come away easily, simply expose your face to the steam for a bit longer.
- Use eye makeup remover to get rid of any residual glue left behind on your lash line.
A further method for eyelash strip removal is to use oil.
But do be warned- this method will mean the eyelash strips will be unusable after as the oil coats the lashes.
Perhaps use this method when you’ve had at least a few wears out of your eyelashes.
- Choose any skin friendly oil you like: olive oil, coconut oil or baby oil.
- Dampen your eyes with warm water- there is no need to remove your eye makeup first as the oil will break this down as well as the glue.
- Use clean fingers to rub the oil onto your lash line.
- Rub a little more warm water onto the lash line, then more oil as needed until you feel the lashes loosening.
- Gently remove by taking hold of the lashes from the outer edge.
- Wash your face to remove any oil left behind.
7 Tips On How To Maintain Eyelash Strips For Longer Use
If you have invested in eyelash strips, you’ll want to get as much use as you can out of them.
We have put together 7 tips on how to maintain eyelash strips for longer use:
1. Peel off glue
Make sure you peel off any residual glue.
If you look closely, you’ll see this stuck on the base of your lashes. When it’s been peeled off, it means your lashes are ready to be re-glued the next time you use them.
2. Use Cleaning Solution
Make a cleaning solution in a bowl or sink using warm water and a little soap. You can add some liquid eye makeup remover too.
3. Clean the lashes
Steep the lashes in the solution. Gently rub them to remove any residual mascara or adhesive.
4. Use a comb
Use an eyelash comb to gently comb the lashes after you have cleaned them. This helps keep them in optimum condition for your next wear.
Gently pat the lash strips dry or leave them to air dry in a safe place.
It is a good idea to put your eyelash strips back in the box they came in.
This will help them keep their shape better and keep them away from dirt and dust.
7. Avoid Too Much Mascara
Avoid applying too much mascara to your false eyelash strips.
This can build up and render them unusable after just a few wears. Instead, apply mascara to your own lashes before you apply the false eyelash strips.
By taking care of your lashes in this way, you will get more wear out of them and keep your eyes healthy and free from infection.
Eyelash strips can be a fun way to give yourself a new look.
By following our guidelines and removing your lashes the right way, you will get more use out of them and keep your eyes and eyelashes healthy and safe.