If you have been considering using argan oil on your eyelashes, then we are here to help you. In this article, we will examine if argan oil is good for eyelashes.
Argan oil is highly beneficial for eyelashes as it is packed with vitamin E, antioxidants, and fatty acids. These ingredients work to boost lash growth and strength.
Benefits of Argan Oil
Native to Morocco, argan oil is now used worldwide and has a host of potential benefits for health:
- Provides essential nutrients including those required for healthy hair, eyes and skin
- Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which can help combat the diseases triggered by free radicals
- Oleic acid content may promote heart health
- Early research suggests argan oil may help prevent diabetes
- Its capacity to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress can help slow the signs of aging
- Can help reduce and prevent stretch marks
- Can slow the growth of certain cancer cells
3 Reasons Argan Oil Is Good For Eyelashes
Also known as ‘liquid gold’, argan oil can promote beautiful lashes.
Argan oil is a potent moisturizer and can replenish your eyelashes with any lost moisture.
Its abundance of vitamin A and fatty acids supports this.
There are even some users who swear by argan oil’s ability to leave lashes more pigmented as it hydrates, thus reducing the need for mascara.
Good if you fancy a more natural look.
2. Promotes Growth
When lashes are hydrated, they are healthy. And if they are healthy, they grow. So, in essence, argan oil may actually help grow eyelashes.
3. Promotes Strength
Argan oil is rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants can strengthen and protect your lashes from damaging external factors.
Argan oil may even reduce lash shedding and breakage.
Like the hair on our head, our lashes need to be conditioned in order to grow healthy and strong. Argan oil ticks this box so lashes should be good to go.
How To Use Argan Oil For Eyelashes
To enjoy the results argan oil can give your eyelashes, try the method outlined below.
You will need:
- Cotton swab/eyelash comb/empty and clean mascara tube and wand/ your fingers
- Argan oil- try to use 100% pure argan oil to get the most out of it
- Small bowl or plate
- The best time to carry out this procedure is at night before bed, to give the oil plenty of time to work.
- Pour a few drops of argan oil into a small bowl or plate. Alternatively, pour some argan oil into a clean mascara tube.
- Dip the cotton swab (or whatever you are using) into the argan oil.
- Gently stroke the oil evenly through your lashes, avoiding your eyes.
- Leave the oil to work in your lashes overnight.
- In the morning, wash your eyes with a cloth and water.
Doing this on a daily basis can promote strong healthy lashes.
Risks And Warnings Of Using Argan Oil
If argan oil is something you have not used before, it is a good idea to do a patch test to be on the safe side.
Simply apply a small amount of the oil to an area of skin behind your ears and leave it for 24 hours. If no itching or irritation occurs, then you should be fine to proceed.
Eyes are sensitive so it is not recommended that you get any of the oil in your eyes.
To help avoid this, try not to apply an excessive amount of the oil to your lashes as this could run into your eyes.
If the argan oil gets into your eyes, it may sting and cause discomfort.
Argan oil is light and pours rapidly.
For this reason, it can be hard to gauge how much to use.
Pouring it out into a small bowl is a good idea so you can be clear on how much you are using and avoid over-saturating your lashes.
Too much oil and you also risk staining your pillow covers.
It might be a good idea to cover your pillows with a towel when you are carrying out this treatment.
As previously mentioned, it is a good idea to use 100% pure argan oil which you have procured from a reputable source.
To sum up, argan oil is indeed good for eyelashes. It can hydrate and promote strong and healthy lash growth, leaving you with beautiful lashes.
Disclaimer: This site is not intended to provide professional or medical advice. All of the content on Bodycarevault.com is for informational purposes only. All advice should be followed at your own discretion. Ingredients may change at any time so always check the product label before using. Check our full disclaimer policy here.