Pressed from the avocado fruit, avocado oil is used in many cosmetic and skincare products. But is avocado oil good for eyelashes? In this article, we will reveal all.
Avocado oil is packed with monounsaturated fatty acids. This boosts blood flow in hair follicles which contributes to lush healthy lashes. Avocado oil is also rich in antioxidants which gives lashes a layer of protection from damaging environmental factors.
Benefits of Avocado Oil
Brimming with healthy fats, avocado oil has a plethora of health benefits:
- With a content of 70% oleic acid, avocado oil is a healthy fat.
- Avocado oil is a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids linking it to good heart health.
- Avocado oil provides lutein which is a carotenoid required for healthy eyes that can reduce the risk of conditions like cataracts.
- Consuming avocado oil can help your body to absorb other nutrients too.
- Studies have found that extracts from avocado oil can help alleviate the pain associated with arthritis.
- Avocado oil contains a high content of vitamins A and E which is associated with a healthy skin membrane.
- Avocado oil can be used as part of psoriasis treatments
- Packed with antioxidants, avocado oil can help combat free radicals to reduce the risk of illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes
- Extremely versatile, avocado oil is easy to get into your diet by drizzling over a salad or using it as a baking ingredient
3 Reasons Avocado Oil Is Good For Eyelashes
Packed full of goodness, avocado oil is good for lashes. It gives them what they need to grow healthy, strong, and beautiful.
1. Avocado Oil Can Help Grow Eyelashes
Avocado oil contains high levels of this acid. In fact, it contains twice the amount of monounsaturated fatty acid as olive oil.
This stimulates blood flow to the hair follicles. This means more nutrients can access your follicles to nourish them, which in turn helps grow the eyelashes.
Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants which gives the eyelashes a layer of protection against damaging external factors.
3. Vitamin E
This versatile oil also contains vitamin E. This provides another element of protection and strength for your lashes and allows them to grow healthy and strong.
How To Use Avocado Oil For Eyelashes
You can, of course, buy avocado oil and then apply it. Alternatively, you can make your own using the guide below.
You will need:
- 12 avocados
- Sharp knife
- Medium saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Thin cloth or muslin cloth
- Cotton swab/clean mascara wand
- Wash the avocados then cut them in half, removing the stones.
- Peel the avocados and place them in the blender.
- Whiz them to make a smooth creamy paste.
- Transfer the avocado paste to the saucepan and cook on medium heat.
- Stir the avocado paste regularly.
- As it starts to boil, continue to stir until it becomes dark green or brown in color.
- Transfer this into a clean bowl.
- Place the cloth over the avocado and bowl and turn it upside down.
- Secure the avocado in the cloth then squeeze the oil out into the bowl.
- Pour the oil into the container.
- Now you can use the swab or clean mascara wand to apply the avocado oil to your lashes.
- Try to work the oil in as close to your lash root as you can.
Risks And Warnings Of Using Avocado Oil
Although natural oils tend to be safe to use for eyelashes, there are some things to consider.
- Avoid avocado oil if you have recently done a DIY lash lift as this can adversely affect the adhesive used.
- Perhaps an obvious one but avoid avocado oil if you are allergic to avocados.
- It is worth being aware that many people who are allergic to latex also tend to be allergic to avocados.
- If you decide to buy the avocado oil, try to ensure you obtain it from a reputable source.
- Try to source avocado oil that has organic certification, is unrefined, and is cold-pressed.
- As with any product, it is always good to do a patch test: apply the oil to a small area of skin behind your ear and leave it for 24 hours. If all is clear, it should be safe to proceed with using it.
Avocado oil is not only beneficial for overall health but also has benefits for your eyelashes. Daily use of this versatile nutrient-dense oil can leave you with long nourished lashes to be proud of.
Disclaimer: This site is not intended to provide professional or medical advice. All of the content on Bodycarevault.com is for informational purposes only. All advice should be followed at your own discretion. Ingredients may change at any time so always check the product label before using. Check our full disclaimer policy here.