High in protein and fibre, flaxseed oil offers plenty of benefits for our health. But is flaxseed oil good for eyelashes? Read on to find out.
It is a little-known fact that flaxseed oil fortifies eyelash follicles with moisture and nourishment. This is a result of its vitamin E content. It also helps repair any damage to eyelashes, making the lashes stronger and thicker.
What Is Flaxseed Oil?
Flaxseed oil (sometimes known as linseed oil or flax oil) is derived from the seeds of the flax plant, a plant now cultivated worldwide.
Flaxseed oil has an impressive nutrient profile and has an abundance of uses, which range from cooking to skincare.
Benefits of Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed oil has lots of benefits, either applied topically or consumed.
- It is packed with omega-3 fatty acids to improve heart health
- Omega-3 fatty acids are also associated with slowing down the aging process of the brain
- Some early research suggests flaxseed oil may help reduce cancer cell growth
- Recent studies show that flaxseed oil may be proficient in treating constipation and diarrhea
- It can improve smoothness and hydration of the skin
- May reduce skin sensitivity
- Has been shown to treat eczema
- Flaxseed oil consumption may lower the risk of diabetes
3 Reasons Flaxseed Oil Is Good For Eyelashes
With its vitamin E content, flaxseed oil can give your eyelashes a boost.
The nutrient profile of flaxseed oil ensures lashes are well hydrated. This strengthens the lashes and reduces lash fall.
Flaxseed oil provides the eyelashes with a layer of protection. This layer protects lashes from damaging external factors.
Helps With Elasticity
Flaxseed oil nourishes the eyelashes. This nourishment means lashes are healthier and more elastic.
As a result, lashes are less likely to fall out, thus giving you fuller more luscious lashes.
Can Flaxseed Oil Help Grow Eyelashes?
Rich in vitamin E, flaxseed packs a nutritious punch for lashes and may help lash growth.
This versatile oil nourishes and moisturizes eyelashes which leaves them healthy. When lashes are at their optimum health, they may grow stronger, thicker, and reach their full potential in length.
How To Use Flaxseed Oil For Eyelashes
It is easy and straightforward to apply flaxseed oil to lashes.
Flaxseed Oil Alone
You will need
- Clean spoolie or cotton swab
- Flaxseed oil
- Ensure lashes and eye area are clean.
- Make sure your hands are clean.
- Dip the spoolie or cotton swab into the flaxseed oil.
- Shake off any excess oil or dab it with a tissue.
- Apply the oil to the base of your lashes and work it all the way through to the tips.
- Leave this for about an hour then gently remove the flaxseed oil using water.
Parsley Juice and Flaxseed Oil
Another way to use flaxseed oil on eyelashes is to combine it with parsley juice.
You will need:
- Several stems of parsley
- ½ tsp flaxseed oil
- Pestle and mortar or sharp knife
- Small bowl
- Spoolie or clean mascara wand
- Grind the parsley in your pestle and mortar or use a sharp knife and a suitable surface.
- In the bowl, mix the parsley juice with the flaxseed oil.
- Apply the mixture to your eyelashes using the spoolie or mascara wand.
- Leave for about one hour then wash off with water.
Risks And Warnings Of Using Flaxseed Oil
Carry out a patch test before you proceed with applying flaxseed oil to your eyelashes.
Just apply a small amount of the oil to an area of your forearm and leave for approximately 24 hours. If no reaction occurs, it should be safe to proceed.
Try to apply only a minimal amount of the oil to your lashes and if it gets into your eyes flush it out with water immediately.
If irritation persists after flushing out, you may want to seek the advice of a medical professional.
It is important to remember to wash the flaxseed oil from your lashes after an hour has passed. Otherwise, there is a chance it may cause irritation.
When sourcing flaxseed oil, try to find one that has been cold-pressed and is organic as the quality will be better.
With its propensity to strengthen, protect and nourish, flaxseed oil is indeed good for eyelashes.
Careful regular application of this oil can leave you with healthy beautiful lashes to be proud of.
Disclaimer: This site is not intended to provide professional or medical advice. All of the content on Bodycarevault.com is for informational purposes only. All advice should be followed at your own discretion. Ingredients may change at any time so always check the product label before using. Check our full disclaimer policy here.