Bio Oil is well-known for its ability to reduce the appearance of scarring. But is Bio Oil good for eyelashes? In this article, we will answer that question.
Bio Oil is good for eyelashes as it can be used as a gentle makeup remover. Formulated with lavender oil and rosemary oil, Bio Oil soothes and conditions as it cleanses.
What Is Bio Oil?
Bio Oil is a versatile oil for skincare.
With a combination of vitamin A, vitamin E, calendula oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, chamomile oil and purcellin oil, Bio Oil has healing, soothing and invigorating properties which benefit the skin.
Benefits of Bio Oil
With such a harmonious blend of vitamins and plant extracts, Bio Oil has lots of benefits for both skin and hair such as:
- It increases and improves skin’s elasticity
- Protects skin against damage and premature aging
- Can be used as a moisturizing treatment leaving skin soft and supple
- Has cell regenerative properties which means it can be used to soothe and treat sunburnt skin
- Can help to fade acne scars and other scarring
- May be used in conjunction with your makeup routine as a body highlighter; to thin out the consistency of thick foundation, or to give your skin a glow after makeup application
- Bio oil can help get feet summer-ready by nourishing dry, cracked heels
- Applying Bio Oil prior to shaving can prevent those unwanted nicks and cuts
- Can be used to hydrate dry, split ends of hair
- Can help tackle flaky, itchy scalp and dandruff
- Consistent use may help prevent stretch marks in pregnancy
3 Reasons Bio Oil Is Good For Eyelashes
Bio Oil may have a few benefits for eyelashes in particular:
1. Bio Oil Can Smoothe Lashes
An application of Bio Oil before putting on mascara can prevent your eyelashes from becoming clumped, leaving you with smooth beautiful lashes.
2. Cleanses Eyelashes
Bio Oil can be used to remove any stubborn makeup from your lashes.
Its gentle formula will condition lashes as it cleanses them.
Formulated with lavender oil and chamomile oil, Bio Oil has antiseptic properties which can help rid your lashes of any pesky bacteria too.
3. Protects Lashes from outside factors
A layer of Bio Oil on the lashes can help strengthen and protect your eyelashes from outside elements including grime, bacteria, and weather damage.
Can Bio Oil Help Grow Eyelashes?
Some sources believe Bio Oil can help eyelashes grow.
With its hydrating and nourishing formula, Bio Oil may help strengthen your lashes and support them in growing longer and fuller.
How To Use Bio Oil For Eyelashes
Bio Oil can be used to remove eye makeup and to help boost eyelash growth.
Below we have outlined how to use Bio Oil for these purposes:
Method 1- Boost Growth
You will need:
- Bio Oil
- Cotton swabs/ spoolie/ clean mascara wand
- Cleanse your face so it is free from any makeup or other residual products.
2. Dip the cotton swab (or whatever you are using for application) into the Bio Oil.
3. Catch any excess oil in the tissue and dab it away to prevent it from running into, and potentially irritating, your eyes.
4. Brush or roll the swab/spoolie through your lashes, starting at the base until they are coated with the Bio Oil.
Repeating this procedure on a nightly basis may help achieve longer, fuller lashes.
Method 2- Eye Makeup Removal
You will need:
- Cotton wool balls or pads
- Bio Oil
- Apply a generous amount of Bio Oil to the cotton wool.
- Wipe it across your eye to remove any stubborn eye makeup. Repeat if needed.
- Repeat the process on the other eye.
Risks And Warnings Of Using Bio Oil
Bio Oil tends to be a safe oil to use, however, there are some possible risks and side effects.
If you have never used Bio Oil before, or you haven’t used it for a long time, then it is recommended that you do a patch test.
Just apply a small amount of the product to your forearm and leave it for at least 30 minutes. If no adverse reactions occur, then it is safe to proceed using it.
If you have had previous allergic reactions to essential oils, then it is advised to avoid using Bio Oil.
Avoid getting the Bio Oil on any scars which are bleeding or cracked. Bio Oil contains fragrance, and it is not a good idea to let this get into the body.
If your eyes feel irritated when using on the lashes, then rinse thoroughly with water. This should be enough but if you are still concerned then seek the advice of a medical professional.
To sum up, Bio Oil can be good for using on your eyelashes and may just turn out to be the little miracle oil you have been looking for.
Disclaimer: This site is not intended to provide professional or medical advice. All of the content on Bodycarevault.com is for informational purposes only. All advice should be followed at your own discretion. Ingredients may change at any time so always check the product label before using. Check our full disclaimer policy here.